Monday, November 26, 2007

A Little Bit of History

These are candle sets I purchased at our church craft and cookie sale--I had my eye on them because they would add a nice touch to our "rustic" looking decor (or old decor as some might call it), so when I heard where they came from, I went "sold." They are two separate pieces of wood that are carved at the top to make places for candles to sit down in them. The candles smell of pine, vanilla, and I believe some sort of berry, and they make our kitchen smell wonderful. Not to mention they are quite pretty during this wonderful season. And here is the really neat part...the wood bases are made from rails that were in our old church before it was gutted. We weren't members of our church very long before they decided to build a new church, so it is really nice to have a little bit of history of our old church. Blessings!!

3 comments:

candy said...

Pretty :)

Julieann said...

I really like your candles--and I can totally appreciate the history behind them--I love things like that:)

Julieann

Anonymous said...

They look and sound lovely and I bet they smell lovely too!!