Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Four-Cheese Baked Ziti

If this looks rich, that's because it is, but it is oh so good!!! It sets up the same as lasagne and easily microwaves the next day!! This recipe was taken from the latest issue of Country Woman magazine.

Four-Cheese Baked Ziti

1 16-ounce package ziti or small tube pasta
2 cartons (10 ounce each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
1 8-ounce cup sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 15-ounce carton Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese (I used a four-cheese blend that included Romano)
1/4 minced fresh parsley
1-3/4 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese

Cook the ziti according to the directions on the package. Drain and return to pan. Stir in both cartons of the Alfredo sauce and sour cream. Spoon half of this mixture into a lightly greased baking dish.

Combine the eggs, Ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, the Romano cheese and parsley (I did not put any parsley in mine). Spread this mixture over the pasta. Put remaining pasta mixture on top and then sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.

Cover and bake this at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and let bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. (I actually broiled it for the last few minutes to get the cheese a little brown around the edges.) Enjoy!!



3 comments:

Mrs. U said...

Oh my, my, my. This looks good. Exceptionally good. Oh dear. I feel my already too large waistline expanding!! I HAVE to make this!! Mr. U will LOVE to see this on our table!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Paula said...

Mrs. U, I think you will really like this!!

Julieann said...

The first word that came to mind was YUMMY!!! The second word was WOW!!!

LOL---I am going to make this.

Julieann