Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A New Year - Time to Sew


It's been a nice long break from blogging. I had been hinting to my dear husband that I would really love a sewing maching for Christmas. Guess what? I received this lovely sewing machine. I am definitely a beginning sewer and would really love to learn how to quilt eventually. It started a few years ago when our children started Scouts and needed patches sewn on their uniforms and I would hand do them, and it was just plain hard. Also, my husband usually needs his pants hemmed and so I would take them to a seamstress. Now that I've learned to do a double-fold hem with a little practice, I will be hemming his pants. Also, our children wanted pillows made during the holiday season, so I let them pick out a fleece fabric at the store and made them each their own pillow. I get a little teary eyed when I check on them at night and see them laying their heads on the pillows I've made--they seem to enjoy them so much. The pillows are nothing special--just square or rectangle pieces of fabric, but they really seem to like them. Our youngest has already mentioned he wants me to make him a blanket. We will see how that goes.

We have some big changes in store for our family this year--I will fill you in later. Have a blessed day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! I'm also learning to sew and may take some classes next month.

Mrs. U said...

I can't wait to hear about the big changes happening in your family!!

His,
Mrs. U