Monday, January 14, 2008

Water, Water, and More Water

Right now, I feel sooooooo waterlogged. This weekend, while hubby and I were in a class out of town, I started to develop abdominal pain, chills, and back pain. It went on pretty much all day, only letting up a little bit around lunch time. When the class ended, and we were headed home, I had him take me to the Emergency Room at our local hospital. After having tests runs, including a CT scan, it was determined I was passing a kidney stone!!! Yikes!! Not fun. They are very painful. The pain has subsided and I'm continuing to drink lots of water, but at this point all I'm doing is running to the bathroom. Am ready to give it a rest!! Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! Glad you are ok now, sounds painful!

Kelli said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Paula. It sounds so painful. I hope you are feeling better soon!
(((Hugs)))
Kelli

Mrs. U said...

OH NO!! How are you? Has the stone been passed yet? Mr. U has several family members that get these a lot and, boy, do they talk about the pain!! Bless your heart! I am praying!

His,
Mrs. U

Paula said...

Mrs. U, I believe it has passed because the pain is gone. However, I went to the doctor yesterday and she mentioned that where the stone was located (according to the CT scan) sometimes they can get stuck right before they pass into the bladder. I would think though that I would be having pain if that were the case. Will go back and get rechecked in two weeks.

Thanks for your prayers!!

Julieann said...

OHH(((Paula)))..I am so sorry to hear this--I hope you are all better as I type this!

Julieann