Monday, October 22, 2007

Homemade Soaps

...I believe this is an indulgence!! When we were in Silver Dollar City and Branson, I had the opportunity to buy some homemade soaps. The one in front is Honeysuckle (it smells great), while the two in back are Eucalyptus and Lime--they both smell wonderful also. This is a skill that I would like to learn--that of making homemade soap. The thought of using lye somehow bothers me. In the meantime, I will just have to make due with the wonderful homemade soaps that others make.

If any of you have purchased homemade soaps via the web, please point me to their website. I'd be interested in buying some more. Have a blessed day!!

4 comments:

candy said...

They look like they smell awesome!
I havent ordered any on the web but if I can remember where I seen some on the web before I will let you know. I usually find mine at some specialty stores in my city.

We painted our cupboards. We thought about buying new ones but decided to try and paint them first and maybe on day down the road we may buy new ones. But the paint turned out awesome.
The paint was from Home Depot ..the brand was "bear paints". and the color was their ulta pure white. I chose semi-flat finish.

:) Candy

Jennifer in MS said...

Lovely! I ADORE home-made soaps as well! I've recently indulged and found a site that I LOVE....it's http://www.tworiverssoaps.com/. You can also do a search at www.etsy.com under sellers and type in two rivers soaps and you will see their stuff there as well. I've purchased home-made soaps from three different people online and this is by far my favorite. A lot of people also love Foil Hat soaps, but I like the other best. I've been wanting to do a blog post about them, but I don't want to give away my Christmas gift idea to my family members that read!:0)

Paula said...

Jen, I checked out www.tworiversoaps.com. Wow, there soaps really look wonderful!!

Blessings,
Paula

Anonymous said...

I have a friend at church that makes wonderful soap! My favorite is the Oatmeal and Honey soap. She sells out FAST, but here is her page:

http://purelysoapin.com/handmade_soap.html

Bev