Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I LOVE Cookbooks!!

...don't you? I love very practical cookbooks. This Gooseberry Patch cookbook, Christmas in the Country, has some wonderful recipes that I can't wait to try now that the weather is turning colder. I've picked up many cookbooks throughout the years, and some I just keep reaching for again and again, and I'm sure this will be one of them. You know how it is when you are searching for a recipe, and then you skim the ingredient list, and realize there is not a store near you that sells any of the exotic spices the recipe calls for. I have a few cookbooks like that and I haven't looked at a recipe in them for years. I love comfort foods and this cookbook has plenty of recipes along that line--especially some wonderful breakfast recipes I can't wait to try.

What is your favorite cookbook?

3 comments:

candy said...

This of course caught my eye right away...because its a Christmas cookbook! :)

You know what...oddly enough, I do not own even one cookbook!! Not one! I dont know why. I guess because I browse recipes online or get them from family and friends or make up my own or use from the library. But I have never actually bought a cookbook before.

I am the only person I know that doesnt own one hahaa

Funny thing isnt it! :)

Heather Anne said...

I have many favorite cook books but Muffin Mania is the one I pull most often from my shelf! I have many of the 'Company's Coming' series by Jean Pare (A Canadian eh!) and they are 'no-fail' also - using common ingredients that I am likely to have on hand! I do have a fall Gooseberry Patch cookbook that I also love! I have a cookbook addiction I'm afraid! I often read them like novels!

Thank you for recently visiting my blog Paula and for leaving a comment - I sure enjoy having visitors - especially when I know they've dropped by!

Jennifer in MS said...

Gooseberry Patch books are my all time favorite, most used cookbook!! I have several of them and the Christmas ones are the best!!!