Thursday, September 27, 2007

Caramel Apples

As you can tell by the date of this photo, we cheated--we made caramel apples in July!! And we didn't even melt all of the caramels. We happened to be at Cracker Barrel, and they had this kit which came with the sticks, a tray of caramel (all you had to do was heat it in the microwave), and sprinkles, chopped nuts, and toffee bits. The kit was not too expensive--I should have purchased a couple of them, because the next time I went back to Cracker Barrel, there weren't any. I wanted to save it for the Fall, but my son had other ideas so, needless to say, we had them in late July. Now is the perfect time to be making caramel apples with your children, and it is a wonderful way to enjoy being in the kitchen and spending time together!! Have a blessed day!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Mmm..I think caramel apples are yummy at any time of the year!! Yours look delicious, I can't wait to make some too, next month!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I'm getting hungry just looking at your blog posts LOL. It's been soooo long since I've had a candied apple!