Thursday, September 6, 2007

Hot Beef Sandwiches



This is a recipe found over at allrecipes.com. I made them last year for my husband, and he really liked them. Needless to say, they've become a regular in our home.

Hot Beef Sandwiches

1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds sirloin tip steak
1 packet of Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
1-1/2 cups water

Place your steak in a slow cooker. Cover with water and add salad dressing mix (I believe mine was the zesty style). Cook on low for 7 hours, then up to high for 1-2 hours. Take the meat out when finished, put on a plate and shred with a fork. (You will know when the meat is done because it will shred very easily.) Place the meat back in the slow cooker for a few minutes to mix with the juices, then serve on your favorite hoagie-style roll. You can use the juices for dipping. You should be able to get 4 sandwiches out of this recipe, depending on how much of the beef you place on each roll. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Can I have one? hehe ; )

JacquiG said...

This sounds good, and very easy. I would think it would be good for putting in the freezer as well.

Kelli said...

Mmm..this looks so yummy, Paula!

I saw your comment on my blog about having trouble using your password for our magazine. The site was having trouble for awhile but seems to be fixed now. Feel free to email us if it still doesn't work!

Kelli

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Looks easy and yummy! I'll have to try this. Thanks for sharing.