Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Pumpkin of the Season

This is the first pumpkin of the season from our garden--although he's a little leaky because I ended up pulling most of the top stem off!! We haven't planted pumpkins for a couple of years because there's not a lot of time to check them daily. We decided to plant a few hills this year because we love having them in the fall, but again this year there was just not enough time to check on them regularly. Imagine my surprise when I found this guy a few weeks ago--I figured we wouldn't have any pumpkins because they just didn't get regular care--i.e, we just planted them and let them go. He's not very big, and also noticed there are more pumpkins on their way--hooray!! Pumpkins take a lot of room to grow--if you have the room, try growing some--I did notice some of the pumkin vines were growing up into our pine trees. They are also just great for the kids in the fall!! Have a very blessed day!!

6 comments:

candy said...

neat!!! :)

Paula said...

Great color! And the shape is almost perfect. My neighbor is growing pumpkins; I really enjoy watching them change throughout the season. Any pies in your future? I think I'll try pumpkins next year. :)
Paula

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

cool! I love the fall

Paula said...

Paula,

No pumpkins pies in my future, although I really should give it a try--love the pumpkins, but am not crazy about the taste of them-ha!!

Paula

Julieann said...

Ohh, you Lucky Duck!!! I saw pumpkins at Albertson's for 5 dollars each---HMMM, I may have to get one now...LOL.

Julieann

Kelli said...

Yay! What a pretty pumpkin!

Kelli