Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Birthday Toast


Today is my birthday! That is a piece of toast with peanut butter and a candle made by my 8-year-old son with a little help from dad. What do they say, 44 is the new 34 or something like that...at least that's what I tell my children since they seem to have no problem stating in a very clear, loud manner how old I am to anyone who will listen to them--Ha! On a few days it seems more like 44 is the new 54--that's when you wake up with an aching anything.

I love being in my 40s--I do believe there's just such an awareness of what is important in life--God, family, friends. My husband woke up a little while ago and wished me a Happy Birthday, and then my son woke up, went downstairs, and brought up a couple of boxes of Russell Stover chocolates--yum!! My dear husband is taking the day off and we are going to lunch and a movie with the boys!! I'm sure they will be excited--I know I am!!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

theups said...

A very happy birthday to you!! Although I am a day late... but better late than never!

Your family sounds VERY sweet and so thoughtful! What a blessing!

His,
Mrs. U