Friday, August 31, 2007

Sauce for Meatballs


We like meatballs, both homemade and frozen. And if you can find a good sauce or gravy to put on them, they're even better!! This is a very simple recipe that was given to me by another parent at the school where our children attend. She took them for Teacher Appreciation Day, and they loved them!! I make this at home when I'm crunched for time, and it's a great slow cooker sauce.

Sauce for Meatballs

1 cup ketchup
1 cup grape jelly

That's it!! Simply make your favorite meatballs, or use frozen. Put the meatballs in the slow cooker and then add the ingredients above to the slow cooker. You can increase the amount in equal parts if you want more sauce. It doesn't look too appetizing when you add the jelly, but after it cooks down, it's wonderful!! It normally takes 2-1/2 to 3 hours for the sauce to blend together. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Paula said...

Paula,
How easy is that? It's so unusual that I just have to try it! Found you through Mrs U's blog and thought I'd see who shared my name!! Thanks for recipe!
Paula

Julieann said...

Paula, is it sweet after it is done cooking? I have heard of using grape jelly before, but was always scared it would be too sweet--my husband doesn't care for sweet things at dinner---it does look good though:)

Julieann

Paula said...

Hi Julieann,

If I had to give a description, I would say it is a cross between bar-b-que sauce and sweet and sour sauce. You might want to mix 1 or 2 tbsp. of each and heat in the microwave until cooked down and see if you like the taste of the sauce before you make it. That might give you a better idea.

Blessings,
Paula

Kelli said...

I made these many years ago...I just remembered! They were a big hit! I served them right out of the crockpot with toothpicks.
Kelli

candy said...

Thanks! I m actually going to try this!!