Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cleaning the Microwave



In cleaning the microwave, I used a tip from the show "How Clean is Your House?" In the top photo, it is somewhat difficult to see the stains, but much easier to see the "clean" in the bottom photo. Take a bowl of water, put in slices of fresh lemon, and then heat the bowl in the microwave for 3-5 minutes. All of the steam that is created loosens the stains, and you can wipe the microwave clean. Typically, I don't have lemons on hand, so I use lemon juice instead. This is a very easy method of cleaning the microve, and you will see "fresh" results! Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

theups said...

Hi Paula!!! I LOVE this!! I just had to post on my blog about it! I linked to you, I hope you don't mind!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

Paula,
I found you through Mrs. U and am I ever greatful!
Thanks for the tip!!!
In Him,
CHristina

Theresa's Notes said...

Came over here from Mrs. U's blog. Thanks for the cleaning tip. I will put it to work.

Thanks again.Theresa

Desia said...

Good tip Paula, I use this method too, but I mix the water with a teaspoon or two of baking soda, I don’t actually know why baking soda, but it works very well too.

Maxine said...

I saw a note about this on Mrs. U's blog--right after I had just cleaned my microwave! I'll use this tip next time. Thanks so much for sharing it.