Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Water Lily


I was looking out our kitchen window the other day and saw this very beautiful water lily in full bloom. Several years ago when we bought our home, it had four small ponds on the property. The ponds already had some water plants, but I wanted to put a hardy water lily plant in the pond. I started by simply putting the basic plant in a plastic pot (I believe I put potting soil around it) and then set it by the edge of the pond under water. Well, a few weeks later, the pot fell down deeper into the center of the pond, and it has produced these stunning pink blooms ever since. This one water lily that was planted has really taken over the majority of one of our ponds. It does provide some nice shade for our koi. I hope you had a blessed day!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh, it's just lovely!!!