Thursday, August 30, 2007

Peppers


I found this rather large pepper (this photo was really close up!) in the garden a few weeks ago, along with other, not quite so large, peppers. The peppers this year had a late start because I let too many weeds grow around them--they really needed room to breathe, so to speak. Once I cleared the weeds away and allowed them to have lots of sunshine, they took off and grew. The nice thing about peppers is they do not take a tremendous amount of room to grow. Some peppers were sliced thin and others were chopped and put in the freezer. They are great for stir frys or other dishes where you want some additional taste and color. Or, in our case, we love them sauteed with onions and then fixed with brats! Yum!!

1 comment:

Julieann said...

Wonderful!!!!! I love peppers and so does my daughter---yummy!!


Julieann