Friday, August 24, 2007

I Don't Have the Heart


to open these. Even though these would come in handy, they belonged to my mother who is deceased. I've been thinking about what decade these tea towels were made in, and I am thinking possibly the 1950s (am thinking this based purely by looking at the hairstyle on the package--please correct me if I'm wrong)? I'm almost wondering if she didn't receive these as a shower or wedding gift. Though it is sad to lose someone you love, when we look at these heirlooms, they bring back some wonderful memories of that person, and you somehow try to imagine in your mind what their life was like at the time they would have used those tea towels. I don't see tea towels being used much anymore--my, how times have changed! Have a good weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

Julieann said...

Hi Paula---I wouldn't open the package either---I can totally relate, my mother is heaven also, and I would love to have something like that to have of hers:)

I would say the 1950's also.

Julieann